.

.

Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake

6/5/12


Why is "bundt" spelled like that?  It makes me want to say the word with a stutter.  Bun-d-t.  Speech impediment or not, they are damn good cakes.  This one in particular.  It is my friend Nicole's recipe, and she is a goddess.  No, seriously, did you see that picture?  She looks like a goddess and behaves like one because only goddesses have recipes like this up their sleeves. 


This was another cake baked for no reason at all, other than I'M ALMOST 7 MONTHS PREGNANT.  Also I'm turning my son into Betty Crocker, don't tell his dad.  This cake is so delicious.  Moist, yellow, bundt cake with layers of mini chocolate chip cinnamon sugary goodness.  You can serve it along side ice cream or you can just eat the whole thing at once with your hands.  Like the goddesses do.

*Fact: Carson uttered the phrase "best cake I've ever had."    

Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
Printable Recipe

For cake:
1 box yellow cake mix
1 4oz. pkg instant vanilla pudding
1/2 cup vegetable (or canola) oil
4 eggs
8 oz. sour cream
For filling:
1 bag mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup sugar
2 T cocoa powder
1 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 325.  With an electric mixer, blend together cake mix, instant pudding, oil, eggs and sour cream until combined.  Set aside.  In a separate bowl, stir together chocolate chips, sugar, cocoa powder and cinnamon.  Set aside.


Grease or spray bundt pan.  Pour 1/3 of the filling into bundt pan, then 1/2 of the cake batter, then 1/3 of the filling again, then the other half of the cake batter and finally top with remaining filling.


Bake for 55 minutes to an hour.

Just look at that crispy, sugary exterior...


And that moist, fluffy interior...



8 comments:

Len A. said...

Oh my! I'm drooling! Looks great! I can't wait to try this recipe. :)

Just followed you on GFC! :) Hope I get a follow back. Thanks!

www.themommist.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Cinnamon and chocolate, looks awesome! I will def. try this!

Fun and Fearless in Beantown said...

This looks AMAZING!

The Fancy Lady said...

omg this looks yummy i'm going to have to try this!

Linda said...

Yum...I have a similar recipe called candy cake... I can't wait to try this version. Looks amazing !!!

Gretchen said...

Nicole isn't listening to her inner goddess, I hope. Yummy cake!

Leanne said...

YUM! I need to stop reading your blog before lunchtime!

Viva Italia said...

This is a favorite! A group of friends just asked if it were a secret recipe...if not could they get it. I think that you may have 7 new Siriously Delicious readers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger