.

.

Company Pot Roast

9/27/14


Now that it's officially fall, with October looming around the corner (already put up Halloween decorations, yup, can't be stopped), I have been cooking more hearty meals.  After all, it's time we start thickening up our bear fur for the long winter!  Am I right, my fellow lumberjacks?  My fellow woodsmen?  Sarah Palin?  I'll stop.  Anyway, a Pot Roast is one of my favorite cooler weather meals.  And who is the queen of PERFECT comfort food?  Ina Garten, of course.

  
I love the title of this recipe.  It sounds so proper.  So Ina.  I imagine her saying to her husband, Jeffrey, "Jeffrey darling, I'm going to whip up some Pot Roast for our company, go get some good wine" and then effortlessly throwing this together in her black button-up shirt.  Well, I recently had company (my sister Hannah) so naturally I had to make this.  It was delicious, for real, I can't count the number of times Carson said, "this is good, this is really good."

  
A few notes: instead of removing half of the sauce and blending it, I used my handheld immersion blender and lightly blended everything right in the pot, making sure to leave some of the carrots in tact.  The sauce is the best part about this meal... extremely flavorful and the perfect consistency.  I made buttery egg noodles and also roasted some vegetables on the side (butternut squash, brussel sprouts and mushrooms) and served them alongside the pot roast and on top of the noodles.          

And while this meal was prepared in a Dutch oven verses a crock pot, here are some of my favorite slow cover recipes for your weekend enjoyment...


starting top left, going clockwise...

6 comments:

Julie @ Girl on the Move said...

This looks like the perfect Fall dinner!

Lucia Florence said...

comfort food at its best!! this looks divine!

www.luciaflorence.com

Linda said...

Mmmmmmmm......... I put this on my list of things to do!!!

Anonymous said...

I love how she always suggests "good" ingredients (either in stock or for her friends to pick up). :)

Unknown said...

Yummy looking recipes, thank you! You know I love the short ribs but am excited to make these others!

Unknown said...

I like your recipe.
Nice Blog . thanks for share.
Frozen Food Warehousing

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger