.

.

Coffee Toffee Bar Crunch Cookies

11/20/14


As a kid, I had a somewhat sophisticated taste when it came to sweets.  I liked Haagen Dazs bars (my mom's fault), preferred dark chocolate to milk and even enjoyed Mounds candy bars.  I mean, what kid likes Mounds??  The kid who loved Billy Joel and not New Kids On The Block, that's who (weirdo).  And one of my favorite ice cream flavors was Ben and Jerry's Coffee Toffee Bar Crunch.  I didn't like coffee, but to me it tasted buttery and caramely, and I loved it.        

The other day I bought a bag of broken up Heath Bar bits, and decided to recreate the flavors in that ice cream in cookie form.  These have that buttery toffee crunch, creamy milk chocolate chips reminiscent of the candy bar, and instant espresso + brewed coffee for that rich, morning flavor.  These cookies are good!  They remind me exactly of the ice cream.  Very sophisticated, only suitable for Billy Joel lovers.  Because we're sophisticated?  I don't know.      


Coffee Toffee Bar Crunch Cookies
(Makes 12 large cookies)

1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp (1 stick) 
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, plus 1 yolk
3/4 tsp vanilla
1 tsp brewed coffee, cooled
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 heaping tsp instant espresso
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup toffee bits

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large bowl fitted with a standing mixer, cream together butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, a few minutes.  Add egg and egg yolk, and mix.  Add vanilla and brewed coffee and mix until combined.  In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.  Slowly add to wet, and mix until just combined.  Stir in chocolate chips and toffee.  Using an ice cream scooper or a large spoon, place rounded balls on parchment-lined baking sheets.  Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

These look awesome! I just had to get a crown last week, and I'm not talking a tiara, so I am terrified of taffy crunchy sticky things. Or else I would have made these yesterday. Damn!

Jennifer Benak said...

Wow, it has been awhile since I thought about billy joel. I was also billy joel over nkotb, which is entirely my mom's fault. Not with you on the mounds though... although I am always looking for new cookies to try. Thanks for sharing!

Bebe said...

I was just thinking where is Siri?? She's awfully quiet for the Holidays and then I remembered you recently had a 3rd child :) My other thought was that I need a new cookie recipe for this year's cookie bake off and here it is! Sounds so delicious, I can't wait to make it. Thank you Siri...may you and your family have a great Thanksgiving

Linda said...

Mmmmm..... I'd like one right now with my coffee please!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger