.

.

Chickpea Burgers

4/23/15


We've been trying to eat a little less red meat this month at our house (I say that after going to Smashburger the other night and ordering bacon on top of my beef), so last night I decided to make Chickpea Burgers.  They were a hit (between Carson and I of course, kids were like, Chickpea wha??).  The coriander, cumin and cilantro added so much flavor, and the mushrooms combined with the beans made it taste hearty and delicious.  I loved them, and will make them again and again.  We served ours with pita pockets, and topped them with avocado, tomato and a store-bought tzatziki sauce (and I will forever have to google the spelling of that word).  

Chickpea Burgers
(Makes 4)

1 19 oz. can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
1 clove garlic
2 T chopped cilantro (or parsley)
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 carrot, roughly chopped
8 oz. sliced mushrooms
2 T all-purpose flour
1 egg
1/4 cup panko
2 T olive oil

In a food processor (or blender), combine chickpeas with garlic, cilantro, cumin, coriander and salt and pepper.  Pulse until it reaches a choppy, paste-like consistency.  Remove with a rubber spatula into a large bowl.  Add mushrooms and carrots to food processor and pulse until finely minced.  Add to bowl.  Add flour, egg and panko to bowl and stir everything together until combined.  Form into 4 burger patties.  In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.  Add patties and cook for about 7 minutes per side, until nice and golden brown.  


5 comments:

thebusybrunette said...

Those look DELICIOUS! My husband and I are trying to eat healthier and I've been on the hunt for new recipes. I will definitely be trying these. The picture alone is making me hungry!

"The Busy Brunette"
http://thebusybrunette.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Yum. These look great - thanks for sharing vegetarian options.

The Palate Post said...

Very Good For You, Bravo!
At my work, we served with cool yogurt dip (with fresh mint) and also tomato, cucumber, red onion chunky salsa.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing info. Keep up the good work...We hope you will visit our blog often as we discuss topics of interest to you
Commercial Hamburger Press

Jr. Williams said...

The blog article very surprised to me! Your writing is good. In this I learned a lot! Thank you!
baking cooking recipe video

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger