.

.

Crispy Leeks

4/27/15


At one of our favorite sushi spots, they have an Octopus Sashimi dish topped with a mountain of Crispy Leeks.  I eat every, last, sliver.  It's like a tiny, fancy onion ring that adds the most wonderful flavor and texture to the dish.  I recently thought (sometimes I actually think), I could make these at home!  I could have my very own mountain of them at the ready, to sprinkle atop salads or soups or ANYTHING.  And so I did, and we ate them over a creamy tortilla soup which I'll talk about tomorrow.  They're really easy to make... and I suggest you try them, too.

Cut leek in half lengthwise, and then into small slivers (you could also use a mandolin).  Place in a bowl of water to remove any dirt.  Drain and pat dry with a paper towel.  Heat about an inch of vegetable oil in a pot over medium heat, then add leeks.  Fry for about 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent burning.  Remove and place on a paper towel to absorb some grease.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger