.

.

Bolthouse Farms

4/3/16

I recently partnered up with Bolthouse Farms and attended an event where they premiered a line of new beverages.  The ingredients are fresh and honest and the flavors unique and exciting, such as Mango Pineapple Colada and Banana Honey Almond Butter (my personal favorite).  They sent me a bunch to try and challenged me to come up with four recipes featuring their smoothies, shakes and juices, and they are posted below!  It was so much fun to think outside the box (or bottle - puns are sort of my thing), and I'm really happy with each creation.  My family was my main source of inspiration, particularly my middle child who desperately needs more fruits and vegetables in her life, and I am NOT above sneaking nutrition into her diet in a covert manner.      

First up, these muffins that are a great snack or breakfast on-the-go.  When I tasted the combo of banana, honey and almond butter, I immediately wanted to bake with it.  Adding the shake to the muffins keep them moist, and adding ripe bananas and almond butter make them burst with that perfect flavor combination.  My toddler LOVED these, and I was happy knowing she was getting some extra protein in her diet!     


Banana Honey Almond Butter Muffins
Yields: 12 muffins

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup Bolthouse Farms Banana Honey Almond Butter Protein Shake
1/4 cup almond butter
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
Turbinado sugar (cane sugar) for sprinkling (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Whisk first 5 ingredients in a bowl, set aside.  In a separate bowl, whisk together both sugars with protein shake.  Stir in almond butter, egg, vanilla and mashed bananas.  Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined.  Place into paper-lined muffin tins, about 3/4 of the way full, sprinkle a little cane sugar on top of each muffin, and bake for 18-20 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.  


Next, after sipping this sweet and tart Raspberry Blood Orange juice, I thought it would be great as a vinaigrette for salads (and I may or may not have poured some with vodka while I whisked away).  It's particularly delicious over peppery arugula, and would also make a great glaze for chicken or fish.


Raspberry Blood Orange Vinaigrette
Yields: approx 2 cups

1/2 cup Bolthouse Farms Raspberry Blood Orange Juice
1 small shallot, roughly chopped
2 teaspoons dijon mustard
1 teaspoon honey
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth.  Taste, and add more salt and pepper if necessary.  Pour over salad or save in a mason jar in the fridge for up to 3 days.


Smoothie bowls have always intimidated me.  They look like masterpieces on Instagram, and too pretty to eat.  But after creating my own bowl, I was pleasantly surprised how easy and quickly it came together.  I added avocado for texture and creaminess, but the options are endless (banana, yogurt, leafy greens, etc).  And don't get me started on the toppings! 


Green Goodness Smoothie Crunch Bowl
Yields: 1 bowl

1 15 oz. Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness Smoothie
1/2 avocado
1/2 cup ice
Suggested Toppings:
Raspberries
Blueberries
Sliced bananas
Shredded raw coconut
Granola
Drizzle of honey

Combine Green Goodness Smoothie in a blender with avocado and ice and puree until smooth.  Pour into bowl, top with desired toppings and drizzle with honey.  


Finally, this cake.  This cake, that I want to make love to.  After one sip of the Mocha Cappuccino beverage, I knew I wanted to make something rich and decadent.  It tasted like such a treat, and I knew it would translate well as a dessert.  While this cake is creamy and indulgent... it's also light and would be a great thing to serve as the weather starts to get warmer! 


Mocha Cappuccino Smoothie Ice Cream Cake
Yields: 1 cake

35 chocolate wafer cookies, divided
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1.5 quarts coffee chip ice cream 
1 cup Bolthouse Farms Mocha Cappuccino Smoothie Beverage
1 cup ice
1 cup whipped cream
Chocolate chips or shavings for topping (optional)

Place 25 cookies in a food processor (or blender) and pulse until crumbs are formed.  Add butter and pulse until combined.  Place mixture in the bottom of a 9-inch cake pan (with approx. 3 inch sides) that is lined with parchment paper, and press with your fingers until crust coats the bottom of the pan.  Freeze for 10 minutes.  During this time, remove ice cream to soften and pulse remaining 10 crackers in the food processor, then set aside.  After the 10 minutes, remove pan from freezer and add ice cream.  Smooth with a spatula to create an even layer, then add cookie crumble on top, and place back in freezer for 10 minutes.  During that time, place ice and coffee beverage in a blender and pulse until a smoothie is formed.  Remove to a bowl, and fold in whipped cream.  Place on top of cake and smooth with a spatula.  Sprinkle chocolate chips or shavings on top, and freeze for 30 minutes or until ready to eat. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE the strawberry oatmeal breakfast smoothie. So good! Never thought of incorporating smoothies into cooking before. Thanks for the post!

Linda Bick said...

I get Bolthouse Carrot Juice from Costco all the time, but have never tried the other flavors!!! Mmmmm..........all I can say is that I want to make all of these recipes!!!!!!! Which one first??? Dessert, Breakfast???? decisions decisions....I think it'll be dessert!!!! Thank you.

Unknown said...

I want to make the protein muffins, so I bought all of the ingredients this past weekend, but was unable to find that particular flavor drink. I went to 3 different stop and shops, 2 king kullens, a Walgreens, trader joes, and shop rite. where can I find it??

Unknown said...

Nice recipe in vietnam and this place is also best for spent time thanks for the blog. Restaurant near venkateshwar college

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger