.

.

Spaghetti Squash with Shrimp

9/23/16


Does anyone else have a hate/love relationship with September?  I mean, it's one of those months that sort of punch you in the face.  Even if the end of August brings those, "I'm ready for routine/getting rid of my children" type of vibes, September still feels like someone threw a bucket of water over my head.  Now that it's nearly over (and by the way, how, how, how is that possible), I'm finally feeling like I'm getting used to the new schedule.  New ages, new teachers, new activities, new homework, new everything it seems.  So maybe, just maybe, now that I'm settling in... I'll blog more?  

Currently, I'm still throwing dinner together at the last minute.  I'm still going to the grocery store almost every day because I can't seem to meal plan.  Will I get there?  Please, October, please??  

   But sometimes random meals are the best kind!  Like this slow roasted spaghetti squash paired with caramelized brussel sprouts and butter-poached shrimp.  Perfect meal for the first few days of fall... because it's official now, friends.  It's fall.  Time to STOP SLACKING (sorry it's me, not you).    



Spaghetti Squash with Shrimp
(Serves 4-6)

1 spaghetti squash
3 cups shaved brussel sprouts
1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
8 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp water
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  With a knife or fork, poke holes in the spaghetti squash and place on baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.  Remove from oven and let cool.  Once cool enough to handle, slice in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.  Set aside.  In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of butter and olive oil over medium heat.  Add brussel sprouts and sauté for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Season to taste with salt and pepper.  Remove from pan and set aside.  In same pan, heat water over medium heat.  Add the remaining 7 tablespoons of butter and let melt into water.  Once melted, add the shrimp and cook for a few minutes per side, until shrimp turns pink.  Add brussel sprouts to pan and stir.  Using a fork, scrap spaghetti squash into pan with shrimp and sprouts.  Stir and season to taste with salt and pepper.  

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't forget to poke some holes in the squash, or you will be cleaning spaghetti squash off the sides, front and back of your oven. I will certainly make this recipe!! Thanks!

Linda said...

Smart girl⬆️ I did that once with a potato, well I just missed one!!!!😂😂😂! Nice recipe😋

Siri said...

Good point, Karen! I actually didn't do that and nothing happened, but I updated the recipe :)

Unknown said...

hey your every dishes is too good u shared,keep sharing more new dishes.

Commodity Market Gold Tips

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger