.

.

Perfect Mini Banana Muffins

1/17/17


The other day, my two-year-old came across a package of Little Bites Banana Muffins, and by "came across" I mean I bought them to keep her quiet at Target so I could shop in peace.  Did it work?  Yes.  I bought the few things I actually needed and 13 other things I did not in complete and utter serenity.  Anyway, she LOVED them and would not stop asking for more.  Between the three of my kids, we polished off the box the next day and of course, they were hooked.  However, I felt torn between giving them something they actually enjoy eating and feeding them a snack with ingredients I can't pronounce.  The solution presented itself when we came home from a long weekend away to dark bananas.  I made my own!  I wanted to make them mini, perfectly moist and just sweet enough.  They were fantastic... two-year-old approved.  Best part?  Only took a matter of minutes to prepare the batter IN ONE BOWL and made 50 mini muffins... plenty to eat and plenty to freeze for future snacks.  That's more than one best part, sorry not sorry.       


Perfect Mini Banana Muffins
Makes 50 mini muffins

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 cup mashed bananas (about 3 small ripe bananas)
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  In a large bowl, add the sugar and vegetable oil and stir until smooth.  Add the eggs, vanilla and lemon juice and stir again until smooth.  Add the mashed bananas and stir to combine all ingredients.  Add the flour, baking powder and salt and stir until just combined.  Add the milk and stir once more until just combined.  You don't want to over-stir or you'll have dense muffins.  Spray a mini muffin tin with baking spray.  Add a tablespoon or so of batter into each cup (about 3/4 of the way full).  Bake for 10 minutes.  Let cool and then remove onto a wire baking rack.  Enjoy!  


For more breakfast inspiration, check out my segment on the Today Show this morning here.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for this recipe! You are such a
"mom-spiration" yes, that's a thing!

Unknown said...

This perfect mini banana muffins looks really delicious. I would love to try it.

- Gustavo Woltmann

Riyanna Lopez said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Riyanna Lopez said...

It's breakfast time here and I would love a couple of them with my tea now :-) They look really awesome.

Riyanna
Believe it, Top Georgetown Tow Truck company

logveee said...

travel flightg
travel flightg
travel flightg
travel flightg/
travel flightg
travel flightg

logveee said...

travel flightg
travel flightg
travel flightg
travel flightg
travel flightg
travel flightg
travel flightg

logveee said...

travel flightg
travel flightg/
travel flightg
travel flightg
travel flightg
travel flightg

Unknown said...

Tried these last week and they were gone so quickly I qm making a double batch this weekend. Great recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

siriously delicious All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger